Friday, January 02, 2009

Day 2 of '09



Bet you can tell that Emily and I have spent the day together, and she's also spending the night with me. Angela and Steve had to go to Tallahassee to be with a church member who had surgery this morning and dropped Emily off with me. I had been invited to a surprise birthday get together for my friend Dottie tonight, so when I got ready to take Emily home, she did not want to go. So what did I as a grandmother do? I took her with me to the party and intended to take her to her house afterwards. She set in to spend the night with me so that's what we are doing. She is watching Tinkerbell and eating a pot pie while I post. Next weekend, I'll get to be with three of the other grands. Aren't they all wonderful!!!

I got my Christmas tree and decorations down and put away today, as well as some cleanup from Christmas. Floors vacuumed, mopped, dusted, etc. I'm not done, but it looks a lot better. I plan to do more tomorrow if there is time, but have promised Angela that I will help her move the rest of their stuff from the "temporary" house to the new house. It shouldn't take long, I hope. I need a haircut, and I have a gift card that I would like to spend. ha. So much to do; so little time.

I'm so thankful for my family and friends. I talk to all of my children every week - sometimes they call me, sometimes I call them - and we always express our love for one another. Then there are my friends who, although they are all married, ALWAYS include me in their activities. That means so much, and I hope this coming year that I will reach out to them and others they way they have done for me. I was thinking today of what I was going through one year ago in January 2007. Clinical depression so severe I thought I was losing my mind. I am so thankful for the love, support, medication and grace of God that got me through. I still struggle a bit but not nearly like it was a year ago.

I'll check in tomorrow. Until then...Wanda.

No comments: