Monday, January 12, 2009

Dropped the Ball!

Yes, I've already dropped the ball on my good intentions to post something every day. But you must agree that I'm doing much better. It seems I come home from work every day wiped out and just don't have the energy to put my thoughts down. Since I'm the only staff person in the office, I have a lot more responsibilities besides the regular work keeping up with the three attorneys. I made three trips to the post office today and one trip to the courthouse. Since I'm at the front desk, I have to answer the phones, take care of visitors, make coffee, switch out backup tapes from server, supervise the runner, teach her how to do different things, and still get all the regular work done. I've even reniged on walking in the afternoons but MUST get back to that.

I spent this past weekend in Columbus with my three youngest grandchildren while Jawan and Mitch went to Macon for a church meeting. They were so good, and I enjoyed my time with them so much. Andrew said he wished I could just live with them forever or at least be their neighbor. ha. It is sad that families are not in close proximity with each other like in the "olden" days. But I'm thankful for telephones and computers to stay in touch.

My four-day work week began this month, so I now have Fridays off. That I like; the salary cut I don't like. However, I'm not gonna worry about that. I'm going to enjoy the long weekends and take mini vacations. There are a lot of places I want to go (Texas to see Linda and Crystal; Mississippi to see old school chums and long-time friends; Florida in February to a women's seminar; etc. etc.) and plan to hit the road on Thursdays after work to start working on my list.

It's bedtime so until next time...Wanda.

No comments: