Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Burdens

At church tonight, the lesson was on intercessory prayer. This was not a new subject, but just brought to my mind a whole list of needs in my own little family:

Meredith - going to Orlando next week for a conference (Monday - Friday) - pray for her safety and that she will be an outstanding example of a Christian to those around her. Pray that she will do her very best with the song she is to sing and be happy with the outcome regardless of what it is. She's my first grandchild and is so precious (as are all of the others, but you know how it is with the first).

Jawan and Mitch - going to Memphis next week for a conference - she only has five more weeks before the baby is due, so I'm a little anxious about her flying - pray for her (their) safety;

Stuart - thinking seriously about a new business venture with his best friend - pray for wisdom and guidance not only for that but for his life in general;

Andrew - getting him to bed at night has become an ordeal - pray for wisdom, patience, and calmness that a solution will be found;

Kristie - my great-niece in California - about to go through a divorce - pray for God's will to be done - this is one of those times I don't know what to ask for other specifically, so that covers it all;

Angela and Steve - without being specific, just pray for God to reveal His will to them about their situation;

Ethan - in those confusing, exciting, depressing, mixed=up teenage years - pray for his faith to see him through all situations, that he will stay clean physically, morally and spiritually and be an example to others;

Emily, Andrew and Luke - pray for their salvation when they are old enough to understand. They are all so precious to this grandmother and I do pray for not only their salvation but for their physical safety, mental and emotional health, and happiness in general.

Is that enough to keep me on my knees for a month? I hope you will join me for prayer is powerful. Until next time.....Mom.

1 comment:

Jawan said...

Thank you for your prayers!