Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Feeling Thankful!

I've just returned home from a walk with my friend, Ramona, and feel so blessed to have her friendship. I usually drive to her house in the afternoon when I get home from work, and we walk her neighborhood (about 2.7 miles). After our walk, we have a tall glass of ice water as we sit on her front porch and talk. Sometimes the talks are serious but usually we laugh a lot and talk about our children and grandchildren. I'm so thankful God brought her into my life. She encourages me, compliments me, confides in me, and most of all - she prays for me. Just today, she told me I was like family to her and she would be there for me no matter the time of day or night. She's already proven that in the last two weeks, so you see why I'm so thankful. So, just wanted to share about the blessing of a friend. Until next time....Mom.

1 comment:

Jawan said...

Just as a mom prays for her children, so do children pray for their mother. I have prayed for a long while that the Lord would bring you a sweet kindred spirit in a friend. He has given the answer of YES. It feels so good to read your words and hear how blessed you feel in your friendship with Ramona. I love her and love that she loves you.