Thursday, April 17, 2008

California family













It's been years since my own children have seen their cousins in California and longer than that since the Mississippi portion of my family has seen them. So, I thought I'd at least post my sister's children (Renae and Paul; Terry and Sharon; Kim and Shane). Renae and Paul live in Fullerton, CA, Terry and Sharon live in Roswell, GA, and Kim and Shane live with Norma and Gwin in Los Angeles. They are all so special to me, and I had so much fun visiting with them last week.
We have a beautiful lake just one street over from my house, and I've just this week discovered what a treat it is. A sidewalk has been put in all the way around it, bridges have been built over the water, benches are placed here and there, picnic tables, a children's playground, and the rose garden are all there as well. Lots of people were there walking, some were fishing off the bridges, and families were strolling their children. Ramona and I walked there day before yesterday, and I went by myself this afternoon. I asked someone how far it was around the lake and was told it is exactly one mile. I was on my third lap around when I asked, so I got in three miles before coming home. Think I'll head for bed as soon as I finish this.
Ok, this is my third day in a row to blog, which is some kind of record for me. Don't get excited for I'll probably lapse back into procrastination mode soon.ha. Until next time...Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Your blogging everyday is impressing me! I loved seeing the picturs of us on your blog too! ha Thanks for sharing! That was cool. Good job on the walking around your lake & for 3 miles too! Mom/dad have started walking this week around the neighborhood & I joined the gym on Tuesday. We are all trying to get back into shape! ha