Monday, April 14, 2008

Recouping!

Norma and Gwin at Sea World
Me and Debbie on ski lift
Me and Norma
Me, Norma and Debbie at The Grove
Debbie, me and Norma at Universal
After ten days vacationing in Los Angeles, CA, I made it through my first day back at work. We had such a wonderful time visiting with my sister and her family and thoroughly enjoyed everything! There's not a more perfect host and hostess in the world. She and Gwin entertained us royally with places such as Medieval Times, Universal Studios, Rainforest Cafe, Church, Hollywood, Disneyland/California Adventures, Sea World in San Diego, The Grove, Farmers' Market, Cheesecake Factory, American Doll store, sightseeing in L.A., and a live Broadway play to end the week. We walked, ate, walked, ate, shopped, ate, -- get the idea?! ha. Many stars should be in the crown of Gwin. He's the most patient, calm, cooperative, and fun man I know. He took us everywhere, told us to take all the time we needed and do whatever we wanted to do, and found him a place to sit and read while we did it. I don't know of another man anywhere that would do that with three women or more. On our excursion to Disneyland/California Adventures, there were 18 of us and he never complained. I love you, Gwin!!!!
My precious son, Stuart, picked Debbie and me up at the airport in Atlanta Saturday night. Debbie's husband met us down the road, got his wife and her belongings, and they headed for the mountains for a few days. I got to spend the night with Stuart again and go to church with him Sunday morning. That was a wonderful experience. Of course, I loved getting to visit with him in his new place and he cooked spaghetti for us for supper. Just wish we lived closer so we could see each other more often. I was back on my piano stool at my own church Sunday night, and that is always a wonderful feeling.
I came home determined to get a few more pounds off and started off really good this morning with a Slim Fast, two slices of pizza and a salad for lunch, walked for 40 minutes after work, ate a tomato and cucumber with Ranch dressing for supper and then...you guessed it - I pigged out on chips. Where oh where does my willpower go? Guess I'll just have to walk faster and more often to offset those fat grams.
Ok, I've rambled enough to make up for the weeks I didn't post anything. So, until next time...Mom.

3 comments:

Jawan said...

Yummy....I love mommy info...it's delicious! The pictures are fun to look at. I am so thankful you go that time with Norma. Having Debbie with you was surely sweet, too. So glad you're home.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Wanda am so glad you got to post and tell us all the fun you had in LA,Ca with Aunt Norma and Uncle Gwin.And the picture tell and show at yall had a great time there. And glad yall made it back safe. Love, Lora Gale

Anonymous said...

remember to send us pictures. I downloaded my camera yesterday & didn't take any pictures while yall were here at all, please send some to us please. I messed up. ugh. i didn't get to spend alot of time with yall, but sure did enjoy having you here. i love you, you're a great aunt & I'm glad you're my aunt! You're fun & easy going. We love you!