Saturday, April 26, 2008

Women of Influence

That's the name of the ladies' function I attended today with Debbie and Ramona at Angela's church. I came home inspired and encouraged to be more conscious of my influence on others. We all are, you know, whether for good or not so good, so it's very important that we remember that we are God's children and let others see Jesus in us through our words, actions, body language, attitude, integrity, dependability, punctuality, thoughts, etc. etc. Get the point?

The only part of the day that I wish would have been different is to have been able to spend more time with my daughter and family. Emily had a softball game and I only got to be with her about 10 minutes. Ethan, of course, couldn't attend the ladies' thing and I only got to be with him for about the same amount of time. However, Meredith and Angela thrilled my heart - Angela is such a wonderful pastor's wife, mother and daughter that I'm always brought to tears when I'm with her. Meredith sang a solo ("Come to Jesus") and that really brought my tears. I love her so much and am so proud of her testimony. I'm going back down there next weekend (Friday after work and stay until early Sunday morning and then drive home in time to be at my church service) as they are having a sing and we are the program. ha. It's been a while since I've sung with them, but I can hardly wait.

Ok, I have things to do - like pop some corn and watch "Water Horse" that I bought at the Christian bookstore this afternoon. Until next time...Wanda.

1 comment:

Jawan said...

Hey, Mom! Well, did you like The Waterhorse? It is currently Andrew's favorite movie. I think we've watched it over one million times since it was released on his birthday a few weeks ago. Think I'm kidding?